At Casely, we want to give back to the community in any way we can. That's why, every month, we select a new charity partner for our #EveryCaseCounts initiative. For May, we've chosen to partner with the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)!
NAMI is an incredible organization that helps millions of Americans cope with their disorders and overcome their symptoms.
Continue below to learn more about NAMI and how every purchase of a Casely phone case can help raise awareness around mental health.
What Is the National Alliance on Mental Illness?
NAMI aims to allow those coping with mental disorders to live healthy, happier lives. They have an outstanding community of volunteers and dedicated experts to offer resources for those affected by mental illness and their loved ones. NAMI provides advocacy, education, and public awareness to raise awareness about these disorders and help those struggling.
The organization started as a small group of concerned family members in 1979. Today, NAMI is the leading voice on emotional and psychological disorders, with over 600 affiliates operating in 48 states. With more volunteers and full-time employees joining NAMI, they hope to expand their reach so that everyone in the nation has the support and resources they need.
Since 1979, NAMI has:
- Helped countless Americans recover and cope with symptoms of mental health problems
- Created a diverse workforce of people from various ethnicities, backgrounds, and ages
- Established a toll-free helpline to offer free round the clock support for those in need
Facts About Mental Illness in the United States
- 1 in 5 Americans experience mental health problems every year
- 1 in 20 Americans struggle with severe mental health disorders
- Women are almost twice as likely to develop mental illnesses than men
- Less than half of Americans with mental health disorders get proper treatment
How to Get Involved
NAMI is always looking for passionate volunteers to join its organization.
They offer several programs and events you can participate in to help provide support and fundraising for their efforts. If you wish to help NAMI, you can:
- Join a NAMIWALK. The NAMIWALK is one of their largest fundraising events. With over 120 events nationwide, you can walk to show your support for struggling people.
- Attend NAMI's National Convention. NAMI hosts the nation's largest event and talking space for Americans coping with mental illness. It's a great way to offer support, engage with those battling these disorders, and learn about different treatment forms from industry experts.
- Pledge to be STIGMA Free. You can pledge to learn more about people who struggle with mental health problems and see things from their perspective. This pledge involves participating in educational events and offering support to those who need it the most.
Another way you can help NAMI is by purchasing a phone case from Casely in May. Since they're our #EveryCaseCounts charity partner, proceeds from our sales will go directly to their organization.
We Need Your Help
Do you have a charity that inspires you?
Fill out this form and let us know about it. We’ll do our best to make it our next charity partner.