December Charity Partner - St. Jude
Nov 28, 2023
The holiday season is the perfect time to extend a little generosity to the people around you, and what better way to do that than by supporting an incredible charity? At Casely, we do more than just sell great cases; we also support a new charity each month as nominated by one of our customers. This December, we're supporting the incredible work done by St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital!
About St. Jude
St. Jude is a charity committed to furthering research into life-threatening childhood diseases, including cancer, pursuing cures, and advancing treatment options that could save a child's life.
The mission began with the founder, Danny Thomas, whose values continue to this day: no child should be left without treatment regardless of their race, religion, or ability to pay.
Some key facts about the work St. Jude completes:
- There’s no associated bill. Families will never receive a bill for treatment from St. Jude, whether for travel, treatment, housing, or food. This allows the family to focus on looking after their child.
- Their reach is extraordinary, having treated children in all fifty states and from around the world, helping countless families navigate such a difficult time.
- The key research St. Jude has performed over the years has significantly increased the survival rate of cancer in children, leaping from 20% to 80% survival rate since the charity opened sixty years ago.
They’ve already enacted so much incredible work, and they show no sign of slowing down any time soon, all thanks to the support of numerous generous donors and supporters and the incredible diligence of the staff.
The History of St. Jude
Danny Thomas was one of the biggest stars of television, film, and radio in his day. He used his fame to change the lives of many people by opening St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The research hospital first opened its doors in 1962, and it has continued to perform excellent work ever since.
Some key moments throughout the hospital's incredible history include:
- 1977: The hospital launched the first major effort to understand the progression of sickle cell disease.
- 1996: Peter Doherty, PhD, St. Jude Immunology chair, receives the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine.
- 2006: The hospital reports a 94% survival rate for patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia without the use of any radiation.
And more recently, in 2019, St. Jude announced a cure for SCID-X1.
How You Can Get Involved
The best way to support this charity is by donating directly, but if you aren't able to do so, simply raising awareness through your social media channels can be incredibly effective.
Want to Give Back This Holiday Season? Shop Casely!
At Casely, we're passionate about charitable causes that deserve a shoutout, which is why, every month, we highlight a deserving cause through our #EveryCaseCounts initiative.
Don't forget about our upcoming New Year's sale, either! Live between the December 27th and January 9th. Don't miss out!